To post a rental listing follow the following steps:
1. Be sure you have registered or were formerly registered on our old site. If you aren’t, follow these instructions.
2. Login to the system with your email and password. You can go to http://placefinder.com and click on the Members Area link on the top right (in red below).
3. The following login screen will pop up when selected. Place your email and password accordingly and select ‘Submit’.
4. The following screen will provide left side link options for you to choose what you want to do with your account as follows:
Select ‘My Rental Ads’.
Or if you have not yet uploaded anything you will see the first part of the upload form.
So if you’ve already had some listings up you can choose to ‘post your ad’ which will bring you to the screen above, otherwise you can get started. If you are a landlord, select ‘I am a landlord – listing a rental’, if you are a student who wants landlords to contact you choose ‘I am a Student – Looking to Rent’.
Then choose the Country, Region/State, and City of the listing in question. Once you’ve done that choose the Country, State/Region, and University you would like to post your ad. Then be sure to click ‘Add School’. You will notice the school is now placed on top as follows:
You can now proceed to add more schools if you see fit for your property.
Lastly, add the zip code and address (both optional) to the listing and select ‘Save’.
6. Now you are at the Main listing screen as follows:
Then choose the ‘change’ link on the ‘About Property’ row. You must complete that form where the * required fields are and select save.
Finally be sure you select ‘change’ in the ‘Activity in search’ row. You have to set your property to ‘Active’ before it will display properly in the search.
If all the required fields are submitted the listing will become active. There are remaining rows in the Main Rental screen such as Photo, Video etc that you can optional select ‘change’ and add your information. There is no charge to add photos for your listing only to upgrade it.